We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers, both when you use this Website to make purchases and when you purchase items from our Store. This privacy notice sets out how we may use the personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us in the course of you using our Website or visiting our Store.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.Personal information we collect
If you decide to register for an account on our Website or when in Store, then we will collect the following information during the sign up process which will form part of your account:
- your name
- email address
- telephone number
- date of birth
- address during the sign-up process and retain this information as part of our records.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, paypal, email address, and phone number).We use your data for various purposes, including:
- to set up and manage your account with us;
- to facilitate your use of our Website;
- to communicate with you in relation to your use of the Website, products you have purchased in Store and to provide you with customer support;
- for internal management, administrative and organisational reasons;
- to share information with our suppliers and other third parties where required;
- to send offers, promotions or other marketing which we think you may like; and
- to perform data analytics and benchmarking.
In order to use your data we must have a legal basis for doing so. The legal bases that we rely upon are explained further in the “find out more” section below. We will only use your data where it is necessary for:
- the performance of an agreement to which you are a party;
- compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- a legitimate business interest that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms,
Where none of the above applies, we will request your consent (which we will ask for before we process the data).How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Web development agencies
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We will only share your personal data with our web development agencies if you are experiencing technical difficulties and we needed their help to fix an isolated incident.Payment service providers
We use certain third parties such as payment processors (and POS (point of sale) system providers for in Store purchases) to administer and process payments to and from you. Warehousing and fulfillment providers
We will share your data with our warehousing and fulfilment providers so that they may dispatch and deliver your purchased products.IT providers
We make use of certain IT providers to support our business, including for services such as customer support. We will share your data with our customer marketing service providers so that they may send you emails and SMS messages about products and offers that may be of interest to you, these emails and messages will all be from us and we don’t sell your data to third parties.To comply with legal or regulatory requests
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, we may share your personal data with a regulator or law enforcement agency, for example the police or HMRC.Behavioural advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
• Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
• Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. How do we protect data about you?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data that we hold from unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction. Where appropriate, we use encryption and other technologies that can assist in securing the data you provide. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents or contractors who have a business need to access it. We require our service providers to comply with strict data privacy requirements.What rights and options do you have?
As a result of us collecting and processing your personal data, you have the following legal rights:
1. to access personal data held about you;
2. to request us to make any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
3. to request your personal data is erased where we do not have a compelling reason to continue to process such data in certain circumstances;
4. to receive your personal data provided to us as a data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where our processing of the data is carried out by automated means and is based on: (i) your consent; (ii) our necessity for performance of a contract to which you are a party; or (iii) steps taken at your request prior to entering into a contract with us;
5. to object to, or restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
6. if we use your personal data for direct marketing, to ask us to stop and we will comply with your request;
if we use your personal data on the basis of having a legitimate interest, to object to our use of it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection;
7. to object to, and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or could significantly affect you; and
8. to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory body, which at present is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
9. To exercise any of your rights set out above please contact us at email@example.com
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer where your request is particularly complex, in such cases, we will keep you updated on timescales. Such requests will be responded to free of charge, but a small administration fee may apply where requests are excessive. Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. Data retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Contact us: Worldwide Vices
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at Worldwidevices@gmail.com or by mail using the details provided below:
72 7th Ave., Brooklyn NY 11217, United StatesChanges to this notice
We may update this notice (and any supplemental privacy notice), from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where required by law to do so.
Last modified August 2020.